To be an international center of excellence in pursuit of development, dissemination, application and preservation of knowledge and research in science.
To achieve excellence in teaching and service for society needs in business, industry, academics, government and research with emphasis on applications.
- To offer leading undergraduate and graduate programs in science.
- To produce graduates with an appreciation of science as a driving force in society, industry and technology.
- To produce graduates equipped with the knowledge, skill and values that would prepare them for their respective careers and provide them with experiences in both theoretical and practical application.
- To develop high quality programs in the fields of science attuned to the needs of the times and responsive to the challenges in the labour market.
- To initiate and promote research and income generating projects, aimed at supporting the university and the labour market.