Programs in the department
The department offers exceptional opportunities for study and research in Mathematics and Physics at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels through the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Modeling Processes.new
- Master of Science in Laser and Photonic Technology.
- Mathematics and Physics upgrading programs.
The department also provides services to most of the departments in the University.
Join us and enjoy the expansive world of interesting and fulfilling opportunities.
To be a center of excellence in pursuit of development, dissemination, application and preservation of knowledge in Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
To achieve excellence in three areas of Scholarship, Teaching, and provision of Service to meet societal needs in business, industry, academics, government and research, with an emphasis on applications.
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Creativity and Innovativeness
The objectives of the department are:
- To provide and maintain high quality teaching, research and consultancy services in Mathematics, Physics and all allied areas.
- Create a center of excellence for Applied Mathematics, Physics and all relevant Applications.
- Develop and maintain systems and structures that allow for sustained collaborative links with other units in the University and entities outside the University.
- To develop high quality programs in the fields of Mathematics, Mathematical Modeling and Physics attuned to the needs of the times and responsive to the challenges of the labour market.
- To initiate and promote research and income generating projects, aimed at supporting the University and labour market.
Our Areas of Interest
- Data Science
- Optimization and Machine Learning
- Mathematical Modelling
- Computational Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics